Translate

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Ford Ecosport: Newspaper Ads (1/2)

Hola Friends!

I am back with my analysis on newspaper ad of Ford Ecosport. (Please forgive me that I am not posting the date of the ad... U see, spoon feeding is not my cup of tea! :P )

This post is in continuation with my earlier series in which I dissected newspaper and magazine ads of Renault Duster. You can read it here

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are solely what I think the ads represent. Reader is welcomed to express his/her concern on the comments section at the end of post.

So let's get started:


ELEMENTS OF ATTENTION & INTERPRETATION


ATTENTION
Format – The message written on the ad about wife is an immediate attraction to all male cricket enthusiasts.

Attractive Visuals – The placing of stump and ball right above the car and next to the message captures attention as there is least connection between car and cricket

INTERPRETATION
The orange colored message along with the orange color of the car is, I guess, open to interpretation. Readers will try to connect the message “Talk to your Ford Ecosport” with the car itself and try to guess the additional feature it is offering during the cricket season. Also, the whole ad is more towards emotional side. As you can see, no features of the car is mentioned, hence, the message is clear, there is only going to be emotional appeal!


COGNITIVE & AFFECTIVE COMPONENTS
COGNITIVE
There are no cognitive messages in the ad except for the car itself.

AFFECTIVE
The ad predominantly targets men. It captures the emotions of the male cricket enthusiasts by using the word “fed up”. Cricket fans who would like to discuss various happenings would enjoy driving the car as it assures a virtual companion. The user will have a friend (car in this case) to share his thoughts.


So, that's my analysis of the ad. What do you think? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.

Rest Is Next!
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment